Monday, January 19, 2009

Time to get started

Just to make things crystal, I am a lifelong republican with very strong conservative roots. So when I told my brother the other day that I had voted for Obama I knew that my mother would be calling within the next 1/2 hour to disown me. What suprised me though was when he told me he wished he had done the same and was impressed that I had. You know I have always been afraid to say what I really think because I have no talent for debate and I come out looking like and idiot whenever I cross anyone else's point of view. Therefore I am nearly always wrong even when I am most assuredly right. However I realize that my inability to debate stems from a lack of confidence in my knowledge. Further I believe that my lack of confidence stems from the fact that I rarely engage anyone in a debate. You see how this might perpatuate itself. So when I told my brother from my super republican family that I had voted for Obama I was ready to once again loose a debate but I was for sure going to try because I felt so strongly about what I had done. Ok the point is simply this, I have never taken a stance, never put anything out there to be critisized or debated, well now is the time. If I do this I will surely have people tell me I'm and idiot and since I internalize everything it will cause me some serious digestional discomfort. However if I don't I will always be nothing to nobody and I don't think I can live with that either. So one way or another this is going to hurt...the pain begins tomorrow (for the readers and for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment